Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Attention Span of a Gnat

Sorry you haven't heard from me in a bit. I'm knitting. Actually, I'm "finishing". Between all the UFOs I showed you a while back, and the shameless cast-on for the socks and then my sister and the whole baby thing, well, it's getting a bit embarrassing.

What finally pushed me over the edge to actually sit down and finish something? Margene. Simple as that. As you have been reading here about a pathetic pile of unfinished stuff, you will read on her blog about lovely and useful finished objects on a regular basis. I have complimented her resolve in finishing things, and she has read my blog. Need I say more?

She left me some good advice, saying, "Knit on the one project that is almost finished and you'll see just how wonderful it is to finish something. That's a bigger thrill than starting it!! ;-)" Now, I'm not altogether sure about that "bigger thrill than starting" thing.... I get pretty darned thrilled when I start something new... but I'm willing to admit that finishing something would be a really nice thrill, too.

So, I'm hard at work on the Mystic Meadows stole. I have 72 rows to go, and I'm not knitting on anything else until I finish it. I will admit that it's a little bit boring at times, but there is a sense of satisfaction in seeing it grow. The only downside is that I won't be able to fully enjoy this as a finished object until I block it. And I don't own blocking wires at the moment. Or have a readily available place to block a 6-foot wrap (good things to think about before starting a stole, don't you think?). Anyway, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

For now, I'm knitting.... well, for a few minutes. Until I leave for the fair. I wonder if they'll have yarn for sale?....

No comments:

/* Google analytics code */