Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bits and Pieces

First things first... Let's start with the Secret Pal 12 questions for this week (it's a "2-fer"):

What yarn (that you don’t have/haven’t used) would make your stash “complete”?
If I were choosing something I haven't used (although I can't figure out why I've never bought some) I would have to say Hand Maiden Sea Silk. Actually, just about anything from Hand Maiden or Fleece Artist would thrill me. Come to think of it, I guess that's why I've never bought any... I head over to the web site and I start looking at different yarns and colorways, and I keep saying, "That's the one I love the best!"... until I see the next one. And, since my children probably want to go to college one day (or at the very least eat between now and then), I don't buy any because I'd have to buy 50 or 60! (glad we analyzed that)

What yarn do you never want to be without?
I don't think I'm totally addicted to any one brand (I may be a wee bit fickle in that department) but I do have my fiber preferences (silk, cashmere, alpaca and combinations of the three) and my weight preferences (fingering and lace for stash... worsted is usually bought when I have a project in mind). I also love discovering new yarn and fiber sources (usually online), particularly when it's a small, indy operation.

Wow, that was a lot like sitting around discussing chocolate brownies when you're on a diet... I may have to make this short so I can go out trolling web sites for new yarn!

I sent a package off to my SP12 pal this week, and I'm hoping she enjoys it as much as I enjoyed putting it together. I also understand that my spoiler has one on the way to me shortly... can't wait! This is my first swap... I used to see them on everyone's blog, but since I was blogless at the time, I was also ineligible for most swaps. Fortunately, now I can join in all the reindeer games! I'll be sure to give you a tour when my package arrives.

I'm also expecting a prize that I won in Deb's contest to help raise money for Crohn's & Colitis research. Apparently I had a bit of good luck working for me that day, so there's some STR heading my way.

Hope you all have some fun lined up for the holiday weekend (even if you're not American... I believe we should all take advantage of every holiday that comes up, even if it's not really "ours"!) We're going to a cookout on Sunday, and hoping that the weather on Friday will hold up well enough for the parade and fireworks. Either way, we'll celebrate our "independence" from work for a few days, which will be a very nice treat.

You'll pardon my now, please, as I have to go stalk my postman...

No comments:

/* Google analytics code */