Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Smarty Pants

Just wanted to take a few minutes for some shameless "mama boasting".

We went to Emma's school last night for her induction into the National Junior Honor Society. (I think the "junior" part is relatively new... when I was in school, it was just Juniors and Seniors -- now the Junior Society goes all the way down to 7th grade). Anyway, she's smart and pretty and funny, and we're very proud of her.

We didn't get a picture of her actually receiving her certificate, since she accepted it at warp speed and rushed back to her seat, but here's a nice shot of her waiting her turn. She would note the sunlight on her hair and point out that she was probably the only person in that darkened auditorium who was sitting in the 100-degree sun for the full hour.... it was definitely warm in there, but she held up with good grace.


And, while we're on the subject of smart kids, I'd be remiss if I didn't brag for a moment on my nephew, Taylor, who graduated from high school last week as valeditorian of his class. (I can barely spell the word, forget about earn the honor!). Just look at all those pins, medals, ropes, sashes... it's a good thing he's a strong kid, or he might not have been able to stand up straight!


Way to go Emma & Taylor!!

1 comment:

Emma said...

I'm smart and pretty and funny? awwwww *huggles* I wuv you to mommy!

/* Google analytics code */