Sunday, March 23, 2008

Hello World

I think that every programming course I've ever taken started with an exercise where you had to write a program whose only purpose was to print "Hello World" on the screen. It's a lame exercise, but it somehow seemed an appropriate way to begin. And, since no one is likely to be reading this blog for a while, I'm not feeling too badly about it.

Happy Easter, to those who celebrate. I'm in the process of cleaning up plastic grass from my carpet (does that stuff ever go away?) and deciding which work in progress to bring to my Mom's house to work on after Easter dinner. I have a few things going, but maybe I'll bring the socks. I'm working on the Sugar Maple pattern from 2-At-a-Time Socks at the moment. I'm not sure how I feel about the pattern... or about the method... I'm learning what "fiddly" really means!

More on the socks (with pictures) next time. I've also got to take some pictures of this fantastic Dale of Norway sweater I just finished... it's number 5 from this book. I'm pretty sure the book is out of print now, but there are some great patterns in it.

But all of that will have to wait. I've got three kids to wrangle into holiday clothes and off to grandma's house. Enjoy the holiday, all.

No comments:

/* Google analytics code */