Sunday, March 1, 2009

You're Gonna Need a Good Imagination for a While

No pictures here for a while. You see, my home was broken into last week. They caught the guy (in my bathroom) and, we think, retrieved most of our stuff (although you know if you've ever been robbed that it's almost impossible to know what's missing until that day in the future when you look for something that isn't there). The unfortunate thing is that many of our things are now evidence (as in "locked up at police headquarters"). That includes my camera.

Since this will probably end up as a plea bargain rather than a trial (after all, it's hard to say you weren't here when they caught you in the act), we may get our things sooner rather than later. And, the police tell me that the DA will ask the defense attorney if they can return the physical items and retain pictures as evidence. I think they usually say yes. So, we're hoping we'll see our things in a few weeks rather than 6 months.... but who knows.

In the meantime, I shall try to sharpen my descriptive powers to make things a bit more fun. Who knows, I may be drawing stick figures before we're done! Stick with me, and hopefully we'll have pictures again soon.

(by the way -- I know you're out there... and you're not alone... I have the analytics, and I know that there are folks in Texas and Massachusetts and England and lots of other locales who are reading regularly, even if you're not commenting.... so please continue to hang around and I promise some great pix of FOs when the camera comes home!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Angie,

OMG!! How you must be feeling?!? Poor thing. I'm glad that they caught the Son of a B****....hopefully your local DA won't let him get away scott-free. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Know that you and your family are in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

OMG!! How traumatizing!! I'm so sorry to hear that. Hang in there.

/* Google analytics code */