Thursday, February 5, 2009

How's Your Imagination?

No pictures today. I'm at Panera Bread killing some time while Emma takes art lessons, so this will have to be a "no frills" post.

Lots of knitting going on. Let's see.... I finished these socks (very cute... Molly loves them). Then, after Emma told me that watch caps were for old folks, I made a cute little beanie for her in the school colors with the leftovers from the coaches' hats. I may get a picture at some point... if she holds still that long.

Come to think of it, Emma has done quite well in the knitted FO department lately. I had started some gloves from the new One Skein book, but I had already lost interest when it came time to separate for the fingers. Fortunately, my daughter pointed out that I could just bind off with a couple of rows of ribbing, and she'd be thrilled to have the fingerless gloves. Problem solved.

I'm also hard at work on a Traveling Scarf circle for my Red Sox group on Ravelry. Kind of a fun concept -- each person knits 10" on a scarf, then mails it to the next person in the circle. They knit and pass along, and eventually you get back the scarf you started. We're using Red Sox colors, of course, and (if all goes according to plan) everyone will have their completed scarf back in time for Opening Day. Fun way to spend the off season!

Finally, I've been spinning. I spun some more on the wheel on some gorgeous "autumn colors" roving I got from Amy ages ago. Still not finished, but it's been a bit of a filler project. And I've been using the new spindle that Pam had made for me to spin up the pygora that she sent in our SP12 swap. What a really gorgeous fiber that is! I'm not sure what I'll use it for when I'm done... have to see how the yardage works out.

So there you go. No pictures, but hopefully lots of pretty mental pictures of all I'm working on. What's on your needles?

No comments:

/* Google analytics code */