Friday, August 1, 2008

Catching Up... on SP12 Questions

So I think this is my last official "catch-up" post. While my Secret Pal and I have had plenty of email conversation, and I know she's already come up with a package of something special for me (because she's been teasing me unmercifully about it!), I do feel like I should play by the rules and answer the weekly blog questions. Since I've missed a few, we'll catch up with all of them at once.

What is your favorite type of project to take along on holiday/vacation?
Depends on the vacation. For a ski vacation, or anything in the winter, I usually take something small and portable -- a hat, mittens, socks. For a beach vacation, I have to say that I tend not to bring knitting (yes, I know... collective gasp here). I understand why people might bring knitting to the beach, it's just not really my thing. I'd much prefer to bring a book and get in some reading, which is my other hobby that I never seem to have enough time for!

What is(are) your favorite place(s) to knit? and What supplies (besides yarn & needles) make the setting perfect for knitting?
I knit any and everyplace (ok, not the beach, but anywhere else). At home, I have a favorite comfy chair that is right next to my knitting bookcase, has a nice bright light, a table for my drink or snack, and a perfect view of the TV. But I almost always have some knitting with me, so I knit in waiting rooms, in grocery lines and at Starbucks or Panera Bread when I'm waiting for the kids.

What is your favorite supper for a hot summer evening?
I think it would have to be something cooked on the grill. Maybe chicken or shrimp and veggies on skewers with a little teriyaki marinade. Served with corn on the cob, also done on the grill... nice and brown and caramel-y. Ice cold beer and s'mores done over the fire for dessert. Yum!!

No comments:

/* Google analytics code */