Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekend Adventures

First, an update on the weekend (hopefully some time before it's a new weekend!)


Things were certainly hopping around here this weekend. It's always a hectic time of year in our family with the kids' birthdays and all, but this year has the added fun of our sister Terri getting married at the beginning of August. While this is a wonderful and exciting thing, it adds a whole new set of events to the summer. (not that I'm complaining... who doesn't love a good party!). Anyway, on Sunday, my mom hosted a brunch at the Publick House in Sturbridge for our family (my sisters, our husbands and the kids) and Chris's (the groom) family, so that everyone would have a chance to get to know each other a bit before the actual wedding.

These things can sometimes be awkward, and you never know quite how they'll work out, but as it turns out, it was a very enjoyable morning. Chris's parents are really nice people and his sister and her fiance were a lot of fun, and the food was really delicious, so all in all it was a nice morning.


Of course, it involved shopping for something new to wear (you have to make a nice impression, right?) And, while I was in the store, I found a few other things on sale that I knew I'd be able to use, so I really couldn't pass them up. And, I found these little shoes. (you can see how excited Max is about them!)



Are they not the cutest things you've ever seen?! They're by Converse, and they are so cool! Peace and Love on the sides, and an overall sneaker vibe in a shoe. I just love them!!



And, there was knitting being done, but I can't show you. I finished a gift for my SP12 pal that is beyond cute! In fact, I'm pretty sure that I'll have to make one for myself. But, since it is a secret, after all, you'll have to wait until SP12 is done. Maybe I'll just throw an FO pic up on my Flickr account at some point and see if anyone notices!

Plenty more to share with you... including some fibery pictures... but if I wait to get it all in one post, I'll never post. So stay tuned... more to come.

No comments:

/* Google analytics code */